Off The Beaten Path Food Tour at Night
Mexican comfort food & traditional dishes for celebreations
Immerse yourself in traditional comfort food and some dishes that have been prepared during centuries for special occasions.
A revealing food tour about ancestral indigenous beliefs around food in a working class neighborhood while indulging in authentic Mexican food and drinks.
Visit 3 to 4 unassuming seat-down family-run joints, and a couple of street food vendors.
Every bite will be spiced up with stories dear to Mexican hearts.
Expect this neighborhood called PITILLAL to be different to the touristy areas of Puerto Vallarta.
Intimacy is key, only 6 to 8 guests at a time. Exceptions for single large parties only.
A short 7 min Uber drive from the hotel zone will deliver you to Pitillal, once a small village is now a busy working class neighborhood where shops of all sorts abound.
Please note that there aren't vegan/vegetarian choices in this food tour. Questions? click here.
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small group.
- Witness what life is like away from the tourist spots.
- Get to know places where you can later come back to indulge in tasty food.
What to expect
- The route is an easy peasy walk of roughly 0.8 miles.
- Traditional Mexican dishes cooked with beef, goat, pork, and chicken.
- All gluten free dishes.
- All tastes (and sips) will add up to the equivalent of a large meal.
Operates rain or shine. Please dress accordingly.
Starts at: 6:30pm.
Please arrive 10 minutes in advance.
Meet up place: Atrium of San Miguel Arcangel Parish.
199 Emiliano Zapata St, Centro Pitillal. 48290.
Duration: 3 hours
Activity level: Easy
Max group size: 6-8
What to bring: Face mask, pocket change, comfy shoes and clothing. Please come hungry.
- Foodie guide.
- Food & drinks provided by your foodie guide.
- Food to go.
- Foodie guide gratuities.